To deliver exceptional customer service by ensuring on the floor stock availability, and effective service at the till points, thereby creating a positive, lasting impression as the customer leaves the store contributing to increased sales and minimising losses.
Demonstrates customer service (Customer)
- Greet, smile and acknowledge customers
- Display a friendly and helpful attitude when interacting with customers
- Identify customer needs in order to provide optimal service
- Attend to customers quickly and effectively
- Takes responsibility for serving the customer and finding solutions to the customer's queries
- Handle customer questions and queries effectively
- Deal with customer complaints, requests, and queries quickly and efficiently
- Approach all customers and offer assistance in the department.
Applying selling skills (Cross Selling & Service)
- Meets customers' needs and expectations by listening to and advising customers
- Offer alternatives if merchandise not available and or sizes not available
- Achievement of sales and unit targets
Demonstrates product knowledge and standards (Knowledge)
- Implement gridding and rack alignment in accordance with store guide.
- Know what new lines and promotions have come into their department.
- Know what special events are happening in store
- Advise customers according to their lifestyle and segmentation and identify location of products in their department and where in the stockroom
- Able to measure customers correctly
- Complete the fitting room disc control register
Adheres to shop keeping disciplines (Presentation)
- Ensures the store readiness for trade
- Maintain hygienic, safe and clean sales floor, till points, fitting rooms and back areas
- Ensures there is sufficient consumables throughout the day
- Support the implementation of loss and control measures.
- Fitting rooms - Ensure all stock is returned to the shop floor on correct hangers, hung in the right way and sizes
Minimise Shrinkage (Knowledge)
- Effective management of stock losses
- Ensure buddy systems is in place in your area
- Reporting acts of dishonesty related to shrinkage and fraud to your line manager
- Awareness & report suspicious individuals in your area to security or management
- Understands and apply all red flag processes and policies and procedures
- Ensure correct pricing of merchandise
- Identify and manage shrinkage hotspots in their departments
- Ensure strict controls in place at fitting room area
Demonstrates personal leadership (Leadership)
- Demonstrates self-discipline with regards to attendance, dress code, hygiene and timekeeping
- Attends/is informed of the game plan/team meeting to know the days focus
•The ability and flexibility to work different shifts.
•Previous experience in the Retail or Fast Moving Consumer Goods industry, would be advantageous.