WSP in Africa offers bursaries for engineering and environmental students at recognised universities in South Africa. We support our bursary candidates through vacation work and employment opportunities after studies where possible, giving them the opportunity to not only make their mark on the world but to build a legacy.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
If you are an Environmental Sciences student, currently enrolled for a Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Science (Honours) and meet the following further requirements, please send us your application.
- In the 3rd or Honours year of your BSc Environmental Sciences degree
- Have achieved a minimum average of 75% and passed all subjects for your 2019 academic year to date
- Please note that students should not be in receipt of another bursary or scholarship to be eligible
- Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged individuals, but all South African Citizens are welcome to apply
Key Competencies and Generic Skills:
- Demonstrate a sense of community
- Work constructively as part of a team
- Willingness to learn and accept constructive feedback
- Work well under pressure, managing stress and maintaining resilience as necessary
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Accuracy & attention to detail
- Time and priority management skills
- Take ownership and initiative
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Solution seeking
- Innovative thinking skills
- Entry-level demonstration of leadership skills
Applications must include:
- Completed application form.
- Certified copies of your latest tertiary academic transcript/progress report.
- Certified copy of your matric results.
- Certified copy of your identity document.
- Copy of your CV (with full contact details).
- Two reference letters.
- A signed letter of declaration indicating that you do not have any other bursary or scholarships for 2019.