Onsite Merchandiser - Jumia (Full Time)
Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, whichconnects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables theshipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our paymentservice, which facilitates transactions among participants active on ourplatform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers canaccess a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion,electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurantdelivery.
With over 3,000 employees in 14 countries spanning across 6 African regions, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
We are looking for talented people with apassion for Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey!
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Daily health-check and maintenance of thewebsite and app to ensure quality and good user experience.
- Drive the optimization of overall ConversionRate and key Onsite KPIs across all devicesand Onsite channels - desktop, mobile and app
- Constant optimization of revenues and ensureoutstanding quality of the content across devices
- Owning the website front end from A-Z and Eyefor small details, everything on website is your responsibility
- Work with other teams (graphics, marketing,catmans etc) across the company and coordinate andfilter onsite requests, as well as manage onsite capacity.
- Generate and share weekly reportwith Merchandising team to include actionable takeaways, risks andopportunities from a trend, financial and brand perspective
- Monitor, analyze, optimize and report onperformance of campaigns and key learnings to maximize results
- Be a source of innovative ideas; Improvelanding pages/campaign designs and performance and give feedback
- Weekly campaign planning and monitoring forefficient e-merchandising: challenge product assortment, catalog structure andnavigation, and optimize user experience to maximize sales
- Track key business indicators and ensureregular reporting and feedback with high value-added analysis (shop, search,category performance...)
- Proactively monitor product and categoryperformance, recommending new strategies to drive business performance
- Team work and knowledge sharing between Jumiacountries by sharing valuable learning and applying best practices
- Be Creative and keep up todate with new ecommerce ideas and innovations to try
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Demonstrated ability to work harmoniously witha cross-functional team of category managers, marketing professionals, designteams and others to create a world-class customer experience
- Sales mentality and proactive thinker who cantranslate corporate product management strategy into an online experience
- Ability to prioritize work, understand andfollow processes, and utilize available resources.
- Ability to understand commercial/campaignrequests and translate to design briefs
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiplecampaigns/projects, including prioritization, planning and execution
- Strong and organizational skills with strongattention to detail and accuracy
- Proficiency and good working knowledge ofCSS, HTML, Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) isa plus
- Ability to multi-task and reprioritize in adynamic environment
- Strong problem solving and decision makingskills; as well as ability to work and deliver under pressure, and within tightdeadlines
- Excellent communication and presentationskills Must possess eCommerce and business acumen
- Aunique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment; margin-left:18.0pt;line-height:107%'> Theopportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team workingaround the world;
- Anunparalleled personal and professional growth given the challenges that wepropose you to take.